Saturday 19 April 2014

Yet Another Week Gone!!

Yet another work week has gone, and it was a short one at that due to Good Friday!
We did pretty well dinner wise this week!
Monday night as per last blog post we had
that McCain Stir & Serve meal.

Tuesday was takeaway night and we even choose a healthy takeaway!
A Chicken Caesar Pita from Pita Pit - YUM!
And to be completely honest I personally like Pita Pit more than Subway ..
tastes more like chicken, bacon, sauce and veges .. and less like bread!
  
Wednesday night we had Sausage Rolls & Savouries that were left over from the huge lunch we put on over the weekend for everyone helping us with our trees and gardens. Not the best thing for dinner but it meant they didn't go to waste.

On Thursday night I made Pad Thai for dinner! I was searching the pantry for ideas for dinner and found a "Pad Thai" meal kit, and so that's what I made, it was really easy and it meant I got to use some of those fresh veges I bought at the market and started using up things (the meal kit) in the pantry! 


Then last night I decided to go through the freezer and find some meat that needed using .. I found chicken drum sticks, and then found a Continental Cook In Bag Honey BBQ Chicken flavour mix! Yum! So I defrosted the chicken, put it in the oven bag with the seasoning and put it in the oven .. about 30 minutes into cooking (with only 15 minutes left) I realised I had done nothing to actually go with the chicken! So again I searched the pantry and found a microwave pouch of rice, cooked that and some mixed veges and we had Dinner!!



 As I am finishing this post Grant and I are packing up the car and heading to Himatangi Beach for two nights, to spend Easter Sunday & Monday with my parents, who are at their beach house. "Packing up the car" may sound a bit extreme for just two nights, but when you are taking the Cat (yes we take Jane with us) and the Dog, you need quite a bit of stuff! We are slowly leaving a few things there so we don't have to take them every time we go there (every Easter & Christmas/New Year, plus a few other times a year) such as beds and bowls.

I better go and help finish packing the car :) have a Great Easter everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment