Sunday 16 February 2014

A Sprained Foot

Sprained my foot leaving my parents house at about 8.30pm on Wednesday night :( I was walking out their door, which is aluminum, so has door frame to step over & then steps to walk down, I adjusted my footing for stepping over the frame like I do every time I leave, but what I didn't adjust for is our big boy Atlas to be waiting on the step, which caused me to roll my foot! OUCH!

As soon as I got home I put my foot up and put ice on it. A long bump came up across my foot, I contacted my boss letting her know that I wouldn't be able to work the next day and iced my foot until the ice pack went warm.


The next morning, my whole foot was swollen and it hurt so much to walk so I called the doctor and got an appointment for that morning. Doctor said I had sprained my foot, he bandaged my foot up, and gave me a medical certificate to keep me off work till Monday. I was sent for an x-ray to check if I had fractured any bones in my foot. The x-ray came back normal but the radiologist wasn't surprised that with so much swelling that the doctor wanted to check it. 

I dropped off the medical certificate to my boss on my way home and got the usual not so happy response from her. Once home I settled in and got comfy with Mr Atlas, who took great care of me, and watched Gilmore Girls for the rest of the day. Friday was pretty much the same and got rather boring!

I have spent the weekend off my foot as much as I could, (hence why I did not attend my Weight Watchers meeting this week) the swelling has gone down a little, but the bruising is still shining bright! Working tomorrow should be interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment